Following oral surgery, it is essential to minimise the consequences resulting from the intervention and to repair the damaged tissues as soon as possible, while preventing the accumulation of bacteria that could increase the risk of infection of the treated area.
It is also necessary to adequately protect the wound to promote faster healing and reduced inflammation.
With these goals in mind, DENTAID developed Perio·Aid® Bioadhesive Gel with antiseptic, regenerative and healing properties, thanks to its unique formulation containing chlorhexidine, hyaluronic acid and panthenol.
EXCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGY AND FORMULATION
Perio·Aid Bioadhesive Gel incorporates DENTAID technology hyaluronrepair, a clinically-backed and innovative technology containing hyaluronic acid, a component naturally present in the oral mucosa. Its inclusion in the formula allows for the formation of a protective coat that favours rapid regeneration and repair of damaged tissues.
Its formula includes:
- 0.20% CHLORHEXIDINE: It is the most effective antiseptic, considered the Gold Standard, for its bactericidal and bacteriostatic actions against a wide spectrum of bacteria and other microorganisms in the oral cavity. Its main action is to prevent the development and accumulation of oral biofilm.
- 20% HYALURONIC ACID: A component that is naturally present in the oral tissues. It promotes the proliferation and migration of fibroblasts and epithelial cells and forms a protective layer, which helps to regenerate damaged tissues and accelerates the repair process thereof.
- 5% PANTHENOL: It promotes a reduction of gingival inflammation in the affected area and also stimulates the regeneration of tissues, aiding in their recovery.
- Antiseptic action: inhibits up to 92.4% of oral biofilm growth in an experimental model in vitro.
- Regenerative action:promotes the regeneration of damaged gums and oral mucosa.
- Repairing/healing action: supports rapid restoration and healing of surgically treated tissues.
- Anti-inflammatory action:helps to reduce inflammation and the need for taking analgesics.
- Long-acting bioadhesive effect:protects oral mucosa thanks to the bioadhesive properties of the formula.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Perio·Aid® Bioadhesive Gel is recommended to minimise the consequences arising from surgery, and to obtain post-operative benefits, as well as antiseptic protection in post-periodontal and/or peri-implant surgery, following dental extractions or after the placement of dental implants.
After in-office surgical procedures, it is recommended to apply the gel locally on the treated gum or oral mucosa to avoid or reduce bacterial colonisation to the extent possible.
It can also be used after the placement of dental implants or in cases of peri-implant mucositis or peri-implantitis, by applying the gel locally to the neck of the implant or to prosthetic abutments.
It can be used about 3 times a day or after meals. It is recommended not to ingest any food or drink for a half hour after its application.